Thursday, March 19, 2009

Introducing “A Southern Daydreamer Reads”

Welcome to my book blog A Southern Daydreamer Reads. I started this blog as my blog header caption reads as “my reading-friendly environment hoping to encourage and motivate people to read more”. I want to read more and share my love of reading with others! My other blog, A Southern Daydreamer, tells of my adventures in decorating, gardening, and cooking.

----------------------------------------------------------

Let’s get to know each other:

How many books are you currently reading?

How many books do you read at one time?

What are you reading now?

What do you currently read the most?  fiction, non-fiction, genres (romance, sci-fi, crime/mystery, etc)?

How many books do you have in your to-read pile?

Do you have a “book blog" (Share the link please)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answers:

I usually read one book at a time. I just started “Mermaids in the Basement” by Michael Lee West. I tend to read crime/mystery books. I have at least 5 or 6 I want to read soon. Yes,  I have a book blog….. and you are there (haha)

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you up for a Reading challenge?

Spring Reading Challenge 2009

Spring Challenge 2009

  • Challenge: Spring Reading Challenge 2009
  • Start date: March 20, 2009
  • Finish date: June 20, 2009
  • Hosted By: A Southern Daydreamer Reads
  • Rules:
    1. Make a list of books you want to read this spring.
    2. Write a post with your list on your blog. (You can add to or change this list at any time during the challenge)
    3. Visit this blog on March 30th to sign up (Mr. Linky). Note: Please post the direct link to your Spring Reading Challenge 2009 post. I am going to use Mr. Linky so that you can visit other participants and see what they are reading.
    4. You can write another post in June to let everyone know how you did.

    We will have another challenge for Summer 2009. The purpose of the challenge is for everyone to read and have fun!

    Technorati Tags:

    12 comments:

    1. I don't know what happened. I already tried to leave a comment, so you may get 2 from me. Sorry. Yes, I have a list of books and I have a pile of books I want to read. I can only read one book at a time, because my little brain won't keep up with 2 plots at the same time! I'm looking forward to this reading adventure (ha! I think that was the name of a program when I was in school) with you, Susan. laurie

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi,
      I don’t have words what to say,

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love this idea! The book I will have to give it some thought!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I am so glad you started this blog! I am a writer, a constant reader and a book collector. Right now I am reading Testimony by Anita Shreve.

      I write another blog that is entirely different from the Glorious Rooms blog that you found me on. It is called "Everyone is Entitled to the Scribbler's Opinion", and can be found at http://scribblerets.blogspot.com.

      I keep a list on the sidebar there of what I am reading (and it needs updating, probably). When I first started the blog, I just wrote about whatever I felt like, but I realized I needed more focus, so I split off the dec/food posts into Glorious Rooms. I had thought to do a book blog, but just have not had time to get going -- so I am really glad you did. I look forward to some great discourse.

      I belong to a book club, and that has been an interesting experience, too.

      Scribbler

      ReplyDelete
    5. Here's my book blog:
      http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

      Here's my reading challenges blog:
      http://sallysreadingchallenges.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    6. Let’s get to know each other:

      How many books are you currently reading?
      Currently I have 4 going ... The Seven Pillars of Health by Don Colbert, The Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian, Sexy Hormones by Lorna Vanderhaeghe, and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke which is our current homeschool read-aloud.


      How many books do you read at one time?
      I generally only have 1 going for myself and 1 homeschool read-aloud at a time.


      What are you reading now?
      Answered in first question.


      What do you currently read the most? fiction, non-fiction, genres (romance, sci-fi, crime/mystery, etc)?
      Probably an equal mix of fiction and non-fiction.


      How many books do you have in your to-read pile?
      Quite a few on my bookshelves and an enormous list of books I'd like to read from the library. So many books, so little time.


      Do you have a “book blog" (Share the link please)
      Yes. http://thenarrowpathbookblog.blogspot.com/ Mostly I'm using it to list what I'm reading for the 100 book challenge (J. Kaye's challenge).

      ReplyDelete
    7. Neat new blog Susan!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I was so glad to see this...I've been thinking about starting a reading blog. Now I'm motivated to actually do it.

      How many books are you currently reading? 1

      How many books do you read at one time? 1

      What are you reading now? Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz

      What do you currently read the most? fiction, non-fiction, genres (romance, sci-fi, crime/mystery, etc)? Fiction, mostly crime/mystery.

      How many books do you have in your to-read pile? 5

      Do you have a “book blog" (Share the link please) As soon as I get my blog set up I'll give you the link. It may take a few days.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Normall, I read one book at the time, unless I've come across one that doesn't grab me, then I have a backup second read.

      Currently, I'm reading Lost: A Novel by Michael Robotham (it has nothing to do with the TV series!)

      I read fiction the most in the thriller/mystery genre.

      I currently have 3 books waiting to be read on my Kindle.

      No book blog.

      ReplyDelete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oops. I typed the link wrong. My new book blog is at...

      http://shelfindulgence1.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. What a blessing you are! You have the gifts of organization and encouragement. I shall attempt to read some that are waiting on the chair. Such fun! Thank you for starting this blog and hosting this event.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!