Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Reading Challenge- My List

Okay I am going to start my list for the Spring Reading Challenge. I tend to read mysteries…. but I am going to try to add other genres too. I’d like to add at least one classic to the list.

Spring Challenge 2009

Here’s my list… subject to change

For Classics Challenge (April 1- October 1, 2009) read one or two for spring challenge

  • Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

     

    Technorati Tags:

  • 8 comments:

    1. I've read 3 of your books...Book of the Dead, Double Cross and The Camel Club. You will enjoy them.

      ReplyDelete
    2. My very favorite mystery series is The Ladies #1 Detective Agency by Alexander MacCall Smith. Oh, and the Maisie Dobbs mysteries.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Loved the Camel Club; you must read the ones that follow with the same characters. Also read Double Cross and Book of the Dead.

      Currently,I'm reading Lost: A Novel by Michael Robotham. Had previously read Suspect by him and liked it so much, have already ordered two more that follow in sequence. Robotham is English but writes in the American vernacular so very easy to read. Love his characters and thought process.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Looks like some great book suggestions. I am going to make a list of you recommendations! Thanks! Susan

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have a combination of novels, biographies and children's lit in my spring list.

      The Five Children and It by Edith Nesbit
      Escape by Carolyn Jessop
      Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews
      Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
      A Rose for the Crown by Anne Easter Smith

      ReplyDelete
    6. i love how organized you are and how you motivate others so well. i love to read, i am committed to reading 100 books this year, i was doing great until garden season came, now too tired to hold my head up high to read...

      i keep the books i read, and what i am reading, on my sidebar, with links to amazon and my own rating system. its fun when others make comments about what i am reading, having your blog is a great idea.

      i don't read mysteries, my sister is fanatical with them, reads 150 books a year. i am eclectic and like to mix my genre up all the time, i like the unpredictable and no violence. i did read angels and demons and loved it. i have about 50 books on my nightstand, time to make my list i guess!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I read all the time-it is a family past-time. I read a lot of mysteries too. Have you read any Sue Grafton? She is a quick, easy read. All her murder mysteries start with a letter of the alphabet. I have read them all starting with “A” is for Alibi and finished "T" is for Trespass in the fall. We are trying to figure out what “U” will be. I also like to read historical fiction. Just finished Thirteen Moons by Charles Frasier. I loved it and read it in two days. I read his first novel, Cold Mountain before it became a movie. I get all the Alex Cross novels from my dad. I like the way Mermaids in the Basement starts out. I'll have to put it on my read list.
      Kate

      ReplyDelete
    8. I have read Double Cross and New Moon on your list. Liked both of them the Patterson more so than the other.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!