Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Review: Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel

By  Curtiss Ann Matlock

Description: (from author website):

“Divorced from her high school sweetheart, Claire has lost the flavor of life waiting for Andrew to come back. So she leaves everything behind and ends up in her father’s hometown, Valentine, Oklahoma. Before she knows it an overnight stay has turned into weeks, and Claire has found something she had almost forgotten existed—a place to call home. Life is sweet again…until the day her ex-husband arrives in town.

Join the intrigues and fun in the beloved, not-so-sleepy town of Valentine that has captured the hearts of readers everywhere.”

My Thoughts:  This was the first book by Curtiss Ann Matlock that I have read. I enjoyed it.  It was a light read and a nice change from the mysteries I normally read.

Claire travels from Louisiana to Oklahoma and we are able to watch her transform through the characters in the story as she looks for happiness. Claire is able to accept her life and finds a place where she belongs in the small town.

Book Info:

  • Title: Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel
  • Author: Curtiss Ann Matlock
  • ISBN-10:  0778325482
  • ISBN-13:  978-0778325482
  • Paperback:  420 pages + 7 pages “Chin Up Honey”
  • Publisher: MIRA  (Reprint, April 2009)

5 comments:

  1. you must be an insomniac or have loads of secretaries, you truly are really are wonder woman!

    how about using a star system, 1-5 like amazon, and me, great for quick glances~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good and the cover is certainly beautiful. It caught my eye right off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I will have to read that. I'm always drawn to books that take place here in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the review. I may pick this up at the library. I, too, enjoy a light read from time to time. I do like a good mystery.

    Thanks for coming by to see my Outdoor Wednesday, Susan. Glad you enjoyed it.:)I had a lot of fun posting this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!