Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Reading Challenge 2009 – Sign up

Spring Challenge 2009
  •  Challenge: Spring Reading Challenge 2009
  • Start date: March 20, 2009
  • Finish date: June 20, 2009
  • Hosted By: A Southern Daydreamer Reads
  • Rules:
  1. Make a list of books you want to read this spring.
  2. Write a post with your list on your blog. (You can add to or change this list at any time during the challenge)
  3. Please post the direct link to your Spring Reading Challenge 2009 post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
  4. You can write another post in June to let everyone know how you did.

UPDATE: We lost Mr Linky…  so I am posting the list of participants that I had. I hope I didn’t miss (forget) anyone!

List of Spring Reading Challenge participants:

  1. Susan at A Southern Daydreamer Reads
  2. Jain at Once in a Blue Moon
  3. Shirley at Shelf Indulgence
  4. Helen at Living Boldly
  5. Spanish Princess at The Teacups Collector's Cottage
  6. Robin at Miscellaneous Thoughts
  7. Missy at Missy’s Book Nook
  8. Joy at Books and Life
  9. Curtiss Ann at Pressing On
  10. Yira at Early Morning Peace
  11. Kim at Home Sweet Home
  12. Chandy at What Now Tablescapes
  13. Carrie at The Art and Flair of Being Domestic
  14. Laurie at Bargain Hunting (and Chatting) with Laurie
  15. Jane at Blondie’s Journal
  16. Suzie at My Right Brain Blog

We will have another challenge for Summer 2009. The purpose of the challenge is for everyone to read and have fun!

Technorati Tags:

20 comments:

  1. OK, I'm in! Now for the list and link. It's almost 1 a.m. here. I think I'll post that tomorrow when I'm a little more coherent! :-)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. count me in, i am trying to read 100 this year, i need 28 books in my brain by the end of june~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting my list together today ... I love this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan-
    "Once in a Blue Moon" told me to check out your "challenge". I'm totally in...currently reading Chocolat by Joanne Harris, but I'll make up a list and will link to your post. You're so brilliant with your ideas!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to blogger! Your blog title caught my eye "A Southern Daydreamer Reads"....I am going to explore your blog and read some reviews. I have also joined the Spring Reading Challenge...it should be fun! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to participate but won't add a link since my blog is private!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the Mr. Linky is still up tomorrow! The weather has kept the computer down most of today -- and I don't have time right now. I want to put on the list for our book club.

    Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I'm going to give this some thought before I do a link to it. Great idea! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll start choosing books today then post and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in! I have 8 books to read for my exit exam on Wednesday for my masters and then after that I can read for fun! (I miss reading for fun, this master's has taken two years!) I'll post my list by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in for this challenge but I have too go digging for those books I've been meaning to read so I'll post in the next couple of day. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    Wow this caught me off guard in a really nice way !
    So I will have to go through some of my bankers boxes of books I'm planning on reading than I will make a list. This is an awesome way to challenge others to a spring read a thon .Thanks for the challenge.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know, since you proposed this, I've read one novel, and parts of two other books. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea. I will post as soon as I get out of the tulips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew! I finally finished The Master ... now I have to give serious thought as to what I pick up next. The Master is a novelized (if that is a word) biography of Henry James the author and playwright. Very interesting read! I recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. interesting idea, but I'm doing way too many challenges! :)
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I posted my books....

    Thanks for organizing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm late to this but glad I found it! Thanks!

    Ali @ A Cosy Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK I think I found my place...love to read. Will have to come back and join the next challenge or just catch up where you are now. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great idea, I love to read books too!
    I have listed on my blog books I read and books I am reading. I read about 4 or more books a month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!